Buckhead Internal Medicine is has implemented EPIC, an Electronic Health Records system which was named the #1 Overall Software Vendor for 2012 by KLAS, and we are very excited about this change.
With the change to Epic, our patients have access to a new patient portal that offers them more access and more control over their healthcare – MyChart. MyChart is secure web access for patients to their physician office.
With MyChart, you can access your medical records, plus track and review current health issues, medications, allergies and immunizations. You can also receive preventative care reminders, browse health topics and even email your doctor directly — all from a single, online portal.
I already have a patient portal (NextMD or Relay Health). How does MyChart impact me?
As your physician’s office implements Epic, your current patient portal will go away, and MyChart will be your new secure access to your physician office. Also, some of the information that is currently in your patient portal, like correspondence from your physician, will not transfer to MyChart. So, if there is information there you would like to keep, you should download it for your records.
Your medical health record and medical history will still be available to your physician.
I’m already a MyChart patient and need help.
Who do I call?
If you are having technical problems with MyChart, call 1-855-788-1212 and a customer service representative will assist you.
With MyChart you can:
- Send a secure email right to your doctor
- Ask for medication refills
- Find general medical advice for non-urgent questions
- See your discharge instructions or plan for managing your health (exercise, nutrition, treatments)
- Request or cancel* an appointment online
- See your appointment history and upcoming appointments
- Check appointment details like location and which physician you will see
- Connect your family’s MyChart (and others whose healthcare you manage) to yours to access all appointments, immunization records, growth charts and other health information
- Change your email address, physical address and password. Also, set your notification choices – what kind of messages you receive and how often.
- Other preferences include scheduling, “address me as,” religion and caregiver information.
* Appointments cannot be canceled within 24 hours of the appointment using MyChart.
Don’t have a MyChart account?
At your next physician appointment you will receive information about MyChart including instructions for signing up and a unique access code you’ll use to create an account. If you need access before your next appointment, you can call the physician office to receive instructions.
When you’ve received instructions and an access code, go to https://connect.piedmont.org to log on to MyChart. MyChart provides access to your medical health information. You should not share your password with anyone that you do not want to have access to your private information.