Here are some tips that will help us give you the best possible care at Buckhead Internal Medicine:
- Make sure your physician knows all the medications you are taking. This includes prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as dietary supplements such as vitamins and herbs.
- Make sure your doctor knows about any allergies and adverse reactions you have had to medicines. This will help you avoid getting a medicine that can harm you.
- Make sure you know the prescriptions your physician prescribes. Always verify that it is the medication your pharmacy dispenses to you.
- If you have any questions about the directions on your medicine label, ask your pharmacist to explain them to you.
- Ask for information about possible side effects of medicines prescribed to you. If you know what might happen, you will be better prepared if it does, or if something unexpected happens instead.
- If you see a specialist or another physician outside Buckhead Internal Medicine, ask for a copy of your medical record and bring it with you the next time you see Buckhead Internal Medicine physician.
- If you have tests performed at our office and you don’t hear from us within five (5) days, please call our office.
- Sign up for MyChart! With MyChart, you can access your medical records, plus track and review current health issues, medications, allergies and immunizations.
The more prepared you are for your office visit, the more efficiently we can get you checked in for your visit.